Welcome to the Woodpeckers' class!
This is a mixed Year 1/2 class where we combine teacher-led and independent activities.
This term our topic is: 'All you need is a book'. We try to embed this topic into as much of our learning as possible.
- In maths we will be focusing on number, place value, addition and subtraction.
- In English we will be writing labels, lists and captions. We will focus on the words we use and explore some traditional tales.
- In geography we will identify physical features and explore aerial photographs.
- History will allow us to explore famous authors from the past.
- In Science we will be concentrating on exploring and naming a variety of materials.
- In PE we are practising our dance skills. Also rolling, bouncing and throwing games.
- In Art we are going to think about different printing and painting techniques.
- RE will focus on Judaism; specifically repentance during the Jewish New Year.
- PSHE sessions will involve settling into our new classroom and discussing our school values.
These are some of the focuses of our learning, as well as many other exciting projects in computing and music.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VIEW THE PLANS BELOW DETAILING WHAT WE'LL BE LEARNING ON A WEEK BY WEEK BASIS.
Some handy reminders:
- PE is on a MONDAY and a WEDNESDAY (both indoor and outdoor kit is needed).
- Spellings are given out on a Friday and should be practised in the red homework books. They are due in on a Thursday with a test the following day.
- Homework is given out half termly, although there is always extra homework available in the classroom.
- Everyone should read at home and record their reading in their journals at least 3 times per week.
This half term the class teachers will be Mrs Rodger and Miss Dale.
Miss Pryke and Miss Calver will be supporting in the classroom.
If anyone would like to volunteer in class or to hear children read then please let us know.