Welcome to our Year 5 Lions class!
Year 5 Reminders from Mrs. Stewart:
- Homework is set on a Thursday/ Friday each week and is due in on the following Tuesday.
- Spellings are also set on a Friday and the children are tested the following Friday.
- Please ensure that your child's Reading Record is completed every week. We expect the children to be reading at home five times a week. When you listen to your child read, please record it in their journals, or ensure they sign when they have read to themselves. Journals are checked on Mondays.
- Our PE lessons are on Mondays and Thursdays. In the Spring Term only, Year 5 Lions will take part in swimming lessons during their Monday PE session; for this lesson, children should bring swimwear, a towel and swimming cap . For PE lessons, please ensure your child has a plain white T-shirt/ polo, a pair of shorts, a jumper, a pair of tracksuit bottoms (in colder weather) and either trainers or plimsolls for outside. Please remove all earrings on these days, else ensure your child can do independently and safely before the lesson.
- Music lessons are on Tuesdays. Please ensure your child has his/ her instrument in school on this day, so they can participate fully in the lesson.
Mrs. Stewart teaches the class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Mrs Begum and Mrs Rudge will also be supporting in the classroom.
Please feel free to come and speak to any of us if you have any questions or concerns.
What are we learning this term?
This half term we will be exploring the text ‘Floodland’. Across the curriculum, our learning will link to the story, which will be revealed slowly. Therefore, we ask that you do not tell your child this half term's text or rush out and buy the book. This is to ensure that learning at Ranelagh continues to be new and exciting and captivates children's interests.