Our school aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
Our equality objectives for 2019 - 2023 are:
- Staff are aware of equality legislation and understand their responsibilities towards it.
- To monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
- To monitor and analyse pupil attendance statistics regularly.
- To review levels of parental and pupil engagement in learning and school life, across all activities to ensure equity and fairness in access and engagement.
Further information on our equality policy and objectives can be found here.