What will happen if my child is unwell at school with COVID-19 symptoms?
- If your child is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, they will be isolated from the rest of the school as a precautionary measure.
- If they are young or distressed, a member of staff will stay with them - the member of staff will wear PPE.
- The school will use a touch-free thermometer to measure your child’s body temperature.
- You will be called and instructed to collect your child immediately.
- All areas used by your child will be thoroughly cleaned.
- You will be instructed to follow the Stay at home: guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
- You should arrange for your child to have a test to confirm whether they have COVID-19. Information on how to get a test is available on the NHS website Get a free NHS test to check if you have coronavirus
- You will need to provide evidence of the test result to the school.
- Your child will be able to return to school once it is safe for them to do so, in accordance with Government guidance.
What will happen if my child or someone in my family contracts COVID-19?
What will happen if a pupil or member of staff tests positive for Covid-19?
- If a pupil or member of staff tests positive for COVID-19, we will contact the local health protection team and follow the instructions we are given.
- We will follow the Local Authority Flowchart and any future iterations of it which can be found on our website here.