Use the recipes to answer the following questions:
Cupcake Recipe – Makes 10 cupcakes
100g butter or margarine
100g caster sugar
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g self-raising flour
2 tbsp milk
For the buttercream icing:
150g butter, softened
2 tbsp milk
200g icing sugar
Gingerbread Recipe – Makes 10 biscuits
350g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
180g light soft brown sugar
1 free-range egg
4tbsp golden syrup
Cupcake Recipe Questions (remember to include the icing!)
1. How many grams of butter would be in each cupcake?
2. How many grams of caster sugar would be in 3 cupcakes?
3. How many eggs would be needed to make 20 cupcakes?
4. How many grams of icing sugar would be needed to make 40 cupcakes?
Gingerbread Recipe Questions
5. How many tablespoons of golden syrup would be needed to make 5 biscuits?
6. If 1 tbsp contains roughly 15ml of liquid, how many ml of golden syrup does the recipe contain?
7. The recipe uses 120g butter. How many grams would be needed to make 1 biscuit?
8. What fraction of an egg would be in each biscuit?
9. How many grams of caster sugar would be needed to make 25 cupcakes?
10. How many cupcakes could you make using 8 tbsp of milk? (remember the icing!)
11. How many cupcakes could you ice with 1 kilogram of icing sugar?
12. How many cupcakes could you make with 1 kilogram of butter? (remember the icing!)
13. How many grams of butter would you need to make 100 gingerbread biscuits?
14. How much more butter does each cupcake contain than each gingerbread biscuit? (answer in grams)