Watch the short film 'Catch It'.
What questions might you be asked in a comprehension?
e.g. - How do the meerkats feel about the fruit?
Write five words to describe the environment/landscape?
Activities - Choose one for each day this week
* Draw a cartoon of the story - include speech bubbles
* Where do meerkats live in the wild? Research and create a fact file/report on meerkats and their environment.
* Write dialogue for the discussions that the meerkats are having throughout the film.
* Write an internal monologue for the vulture - What is he saying to himself and thinking at various point of the film? How does this change?
* The name for a collection of meerkats is a mob. Can you find out about some of the more unusual nouns for collections of animals? Two I found are 'a parade of elephants' and 'a cackle of hyenas'. Can you creative your own collective nouns for your favourite animals?
* Write the story from the perspective of one of the meerkats.
* The meerkats had to work together as a team. When have you ever had to work together as a team to achieve something?