Welcome to PENGUINS!
* For the summer term PE lessons are now on Tuesdays and Wednesdays! Please ensure your child has a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and either trainers or plimsolls. We are hoping to be outside for some of the sessions.
* Homework is set on a Tuesday and is due in the following Monday. Spellings are also set on a Tuesday and the children are tested the following Monday.
* Please ensure that your child's reading/maths journal is signed every week. We expect the children to be reading at home at least three times a week. When you listen to your child read, please record it in their journals. Reading is so important and we really appreciate your support with this.
This term we are lucky enough to be starting Accelerated Reader!
All children have completed a 'Star Reading Test' and have been given an initial book reading level. With each book they read, they complete 'quizzes' in school, before getting a new book.
We are all very excited about this and can't wait for our reading to progress even further!
Stone Age to Iron Age (Summer Term)
Our topic for the summer term is...Stone age to Iron age! Please find the medium term plan at the bottom of this page, where you will find out all about what we are getting up to including;
* looking at 'Rocks & Fossils' in Science.
* Our focus book of 'Pebble in my pocket' in English, which tracks the journey of a pebble from millions of years ago.
* Stone age 'cave' art.
As well as all of this, this is a very exciting time as year 4 will be soon going to their residential trip to Thorpe Woodlands where the children will be taking part in a lot of outdoor, active activities where team work and pushing themselves is key.
Travel the World (Autumn Term)
This Autumn term the Penguins' topic is all about the world around us!
Both the children's and staff's adventures around the world will inspire us to learn about the many different features of other countries, ranging from music to sport, from culture to climate and from food to famous landmarks.
This topic will also be taught through various other lessons such as English where we are going to begin by studying the text 'Zeraffa Giraffa' - the story of a giraffe travelling from Egypt to France as a gift for the king.
Children are welcome to bring in information, pictures or books of the countries that are of relevance or interest to them throughout the topic, to share with the rest of the class.
We can't wait to learn all about the world!